BEREAVEMENT WAGE LOSS
The Plan will pay a wage loss benefit of $250 per work day for up to 3 days in the event of the death in their immediate family.
To qualify member must:
- Be enrolled on Plan “A”
- Working for a contributing employer that has no bereavement benefit AND
- Miss work due to the death of a family member named in the benefit policy. Immediate family will be recognized as:
- the employee’s spouse (including common-law spouse)
- mother/father or step-mother/step-father
- son, daughter (including adopted son or daughter) and step-child,
Bereavement Wage Loss Benefit Reimbursement Forms for this benefit can be requested through the Local 213 Electrical Workers’ Welfare Plan office, or are downloadable on this site in the Forms Library.
This benefit must be applied for within 90 days of the date of the family member’s date of death