DEPENDENT CHILDREN’S ORTHODONTICS
The Trustees will consider orthodontic dental bills for dependent children up to their 18th birthday on the following basis:
- One or more estimates must be submitted to the welfare office before commencement of treatment.
- The name and birth-date of the dependent must be on the estimate.
- The plan will pay 75% of the treatment cost up to a limit of $7,000 for a total payable amount of $5,250, reimbursed in monthly installments.
- Once the estimate is approved, a Childrens Ortho Reimbursement Slip must accompany each claim. These are available for download in the Forms Library as well.
This benefit is separate and apart from our Dental Plan.
- Payment for this benefit will cease immediately if the member is no longer covered by Plan A.
- The member must advise this plan if any other plan (i.e. spouse’s plan) will pay part of the expense and provide details (Coordination of Benefits information).
- The last day of payment for Dependent Children’s Orthodontic Assistance will be March 31st of the following year.
** Please note that payment can only be reimbursed to the member and not the dental office. **