Supplemental Health Account
The Plan will pay up to $750 per family per year in additional expenses that exceed the annual maximums for Optical, Hearing Aids and Dental. This will allow for an extra seven hundred fifty dollars ($750) that can be applied toward these benefits. This benefit can be applied to any or all of the eligible benefits so long as the $750 limit is not exceeded. In order to qualify for this benefit, members must have at least 4 months coverage in the calendar year.
To streamline administration of the Supplemental Health Account the following changes will be effective January 1, 2020.
- The Supplemental Health Account benefit will now be applied automatically to any dental, optical and/or hearing aid overage up to the $750 supplemental limit. See the Dental/Optical/Hearing Aid heading for more information on this.
- The Supplemental Health Account will no longer apply to Health Practitioners. Health Practitioners are covered thru Pacific Blue Cross (PBC), while the Supplemental Health Account is self-administered thru our welfare office, going forward the Supplemental Health Account will only apply to Dental, Optical and Hearing Aids.
- To offset this change the annual limits of the most used Health Practitioner categories have increased as follows:
- Massage Therapist and/or Physiotherapist (increase from $500 to $750)
- Chiropractor and/or Naturopath (increase from $500 to $750)
- Clinical Psychologist/Clinical Counsellor (increase from $1000 to $2000 per person)
Members must have 4 months of coverage in the calendar year to be eligible to use the Supplemental Benefit.
**The last day of payment for any benefit claims will be March 31st of the following year.